This website is operated by and on behalf of GAST – including its affiliates, divisions, business units and subsidiaries – (“GAST”).
GAST recognizes and respects the privacy of the individuals whose personal information it collects, uses and otherwise processes in the course of its business.
Categories of Personal Information We Collect:
- Identifiers: Examples include name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, IP address and other similar identifiers.
- Internet/Network information: Examples include browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, or similar information: Examples include security surveillance and thermal imaging cameras at GAST’s offices or jobsites.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Education information.
Sources of Personal Information:
Personal information you provide
GAST collects personal information about individuals when specifically, and knowingly provided by such individuals for purposes disclosed or otherwise known to them when they provide their information or for the wider purposes set out below. This includes, for example, voluntary submission of an email address for our news email update list, providing a business card in a meeting, sending us an email which includes personal information about you, providing basic details for building security purposes when you enter any GAST premises, or allowing us to photograph, film or otherwise record you when you attend an event that we host or sponsor.
Unless we explain otherwise at the time, providing personal information that we request is optional and disclosures are made voluntarily.
Automatic collection of your personal information:
We collect certain information by automated means when you visit our premises or websites. In particular:
- Our websites log IP addresses, the type of operating system that the visitor’s computer uses, the type of browser software used by the visitor, and the pages accessed by the visitor.
GAST uses this data, in aggregated form, to perform statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and to measure overall user demographics and interests regarding specific areas of the site.
Collection of your personal information from third party sources:
If you are involved in a business relationship with us, we may also obtain some limited information about you indirectly, for example when your colleagues give us your contact details and information about your role, or from publicly available sources such as the Internet and/or subscription-based services.
Use of Your Personal Information:
We may use the information we collect about you for purposes which are made clear to you (or which you already know) when you provide your information or for the following purposes:
- auditing consumer interactions, including measuring how users interact with the Site;
- protecting the security and integrity of our premises, websites and other information technology systems (including protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity);
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- responding to and communicating with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- managing and developing our relationship with you and the organization that you represent; and
- operating, evaluating and improving our business.
Legal and compliance purposes:
- protecting ourselves and our employees and business counterparties against fraud and other criminal activity, and co-operating with law enforcement and other regulatory agencies;
- exercising and defending our legal rights and legal claims made against us; and
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
GAST does not trade, sell or rent personal information but may collect or provide aggregate statistics about its websites and their users to other parties who do not provide services directly to GAST.
Except in rare circumstances where GAST is required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information, GAST will only process your personal information as necessary for the purposes explained to you when the information is collected or otherwise set out in this policy. GAST will not collect your personal information unless it has concluded that it has a legitimate interest in pursuing the relevant purpose. We may occasionally ask for your consent to allow us to process your personal information – for example, if we wish to use images of you in published materials relating to an event that you attended.
Disclosures of Personal Information
GAST entities may share personal information about you between themselves, and they may disclose your personal information to technology and other service providers, including professional advisors, who hold and process the information on their behalf.
GAST may also disclose your personal information if it has a good faith belief that this is necessary for the legal and compliance purposes set out above. For these purposes, we may, for example, disclose information about you to courts and litigation counterparties, insurers, the police and other competent governmental authorities.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. In such transactions, personal information is generally one of the transferred business assets. Also, if either GAST itself or substantially all of GAST’s assets were acquired, personal information may be one of the transferred assets. Therefore, we may disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third-party purchaser in these circumstances.
Your data protection rights:
You have a right to access the information that GAST collects about you, and related rights to require your information to be corrected if it is inaccurate, to object to our processing of your information and, in some circumstances, to require us to delete your information or restrict its processing. If you want to exercise any of these rights, or withdraw a consent that you have given to our processing of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your information is held by a GAST entity in the EEA or the UK you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection authority, either in the EEA member state or the UK where the GAST entity is located or in your own EEA member state or the UK.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing communications, you may opt out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
Retention of Your Personal Information:
GAST will retain your personal information as follows (or longer if required by law), and will then promptly delete the information:
- We retain personal information in accordance with GAST’s records management policies (unless we delete the information earlier at your request). You may contact GAST at email@example.com for more information on record retention periods.
Storage of Your Personal Information:
GAST uses third-party cloud storage providers to store GAST data, such as company emails, that may include your personal information. In such circumstances, these agents will not have access to your Personal Information other than to facilitate GAST’s storage and retrieval of that data.